Quality and Consistency
The HITRUST CSF Assurance Program delivers simplified compliance assessment and reporting. Leveraging the HITRUST CSF, the program provides organizations and their stakeholders with a common approach to managing security assessments that creates efficiencies and contains costs associated with multiple and varied assurance requirements.
The HITRUST CSF Assurance Program includes the risk management oversight and assessment methodology governed by HITRUST and designed for the unique regulatory and business needs of various industries and geographies.
The HITRUST CSF Assurance Program can be leveraged to streamline the third-party risk management process by using a single comprehensive framework harmonizing multiple standards and best practices to support a single assessment that may be reported out in multiple ways. Using the CSF Assurance Program for third-party risk management can result in significant reductions in the cost and level of effort. An increasing number of organizations are now requiring their vendors to obtain and maintain CSF Certification status.
To ensure that business associates and other key vendors can provide input and influence when it comes to leveraging HITRUST for third-party risk management, HITRUST has created the Third-Party Assurance Council.
CSF Assurance Program Benefits include:
- Reduced Costs and Complexity. Through the adoption of a common set of security and privacy objectives and assessment processes, the HITRUST CSF Assurance Program streamlines how organizations manage compliance efforts. Assessed entities can assess once and report to their many constituents, while parties relying on HITRUST CSF Validated Reports benefit from a more complete and effective assessment process.
- Managed Risk. Through a commercially reasonable process, organizations will achieve increased insight into their security, privacy, and compliance risks. By freeing resources from reacting to new requirements and audits, organizations can take a proactive approach focusing on the other building blocks of effective security and privacy programs.
- Simplified Compliance. Organizations benefit from a consistent and efficient approach for reporting compliance with internal and external stakeholders.
- Greater Accuracy. The HITRUST Assurance Intelligence Engine™ offers expanded capabilities that analyze assessment documentation before submission to alert for missing information, inconsistencies, and errors. These additional automated checks add efficiency and save time by identifying issues up-front that can slow the assessment review process. The Assurance Intelligence Engine is fully integrated into MyCSF, HITRUST’s SaaS assessment platform. Learn more.
- Faster Throughput. The Reservation System for HITRUST CSF Validated Assessments allows organizations to schedule a specific starting date to begin the QA process, which enables better planning, easier submission, and greater start-time predictability. Web forms are easier to use than manual templates and allow inputting key assessment information directly in MyCSF. Streamlined workflow and improved efficiency throughout the process reduces delays.
- Real-Time Feedback. Online Kanban Style Dashboards in MyCSF clearly show at-a-glance status tracking and add transparency by showing open tasks and indicating which stages are complete, current, and remaining (currently in Beta Testing). Enhanced notifications throughout QA provide periodic updates and requests, which are detailed, easy to understand, and focused on specific actions and timelines needed to move assessments to the next phase.
Ready to get started? Your first step is identifying your security and privacy controls with the help of the HITRUST CSF Framework. Eligible organizations can download the HITRUST CSF at no cost and begin exploring.