The HITRUST Assurance Program Delivers Simplified, Reliable Compliance Assessment and Reporting
Leveraging the HITRUST CSF, the HITRUST Assurance Program provides organizations and their stakeholders with a common approach to managing information security assessments that creates efficiencies and reduces the effort and costs associated with meeting assurance requirements. The HITRUST Assurance Program includes risk management oversight and assessment methodology governed by HITRUST and designed for the unique regulatory and business needs of various industries and geographies.
The HITRUST Assurance Program can be leveraged to streamline the third-party risk management process by using a single comprehensive framework harmonizing multiple standards and best practices to support a single assessment that may be reported out in multiple ways. Using the Assurance Program for third-party risk management can result in significant reductions in the cost and level of effort. The HITRUST Assurance Program uses proven methodologies, rigorous Quality Assurance processes, and innovative tools and technologies to deliver results that are reliable, accurate, transparent, and consistent – for every HITRUST assessment.
HITRUST Assurance Program Benefits Include:
- Reduced Costs and Complexity. Through the adoption of a common set of security and privacy objectives and assessment processes, the HITRUST Assurance Program streamlines how organizations manage compliance efforts.
- Managed Risk. Through a proven, efficient, and repeatable process, organizations achieve increased insight into their security, privacy, and compliance risks. By freeing resources from reacting to new requirements and audits, organizations can take a proactive approach focusing on the other building blocks of effective security and privacy programs.
- Simplified Compliance. Organizations benefit from a consistent and efficient approach for reporting compliance with internal and external stakeholders.
- PRISMA-based Maturity Model. Prescriptive control requirement statements are scored using our innovative PRISMA-based maturity model, comprised of five maturity levels (Policy, Procedure, Implemented, Measured, and Managed) to lend clarity and insight into the maturity of your organization’s information risk management and compliance program.
- HITRUST Assurance Intelligence Engine. Offers expanded capabilities that analyze assessment documentation before submission to alert for missing information, inconsistencies, and errors. These additional automated checks add efficiency and accuracy while saving time by identifying issues up-front that can slow the assessment review process. Learn more.
- Faster Throughput. The Reservation System for i1 and r2 Validated Assessments (formerly HITRUST Validated Assessments) allows organizations to schedule a specific starting date to begin the QA process, which enables better planning, easier submission, and greater start-time predictability. Web forms are easier to use than manual templates and allow inputting key assessment information directly in MyCSF. Streamlined workflow and improved efficiency throughout the process reduces delays.
- Real-Time Feedback. Online Kanban style dashboard along with additional status tools in MyCSF clearly show at-a-glance tracking and add transparency by showing open tasks and indicating which stages are complete, current, and remaining. Enhanced notifications throughout QA provide periodic updates and requests, which are detailed, easy to understand, and focused on specific actions and timelines needed to move assessments to the next phase.
- HITRUST Results Distribution System (RDS). Addresses the highly inefficient process of obtaining, interpreting, and analyzing assessment results from third-party vendors. The RDS allows for assessed entities to share assessment results through a highly secure web portal or API so that relying parties can more easily find and view the information they need to make better-informed decisions faster. Learn More.
- ‘Rely-able’ Assurances. The HITRUST Assurance Program is a comprehensive and fully integrated approach to information risk management and compliance assessment and reporting that provides a high level of reliability, transparency, accuracy, consistency, integrity, and efficiency simply not obtainable through other approaches. The unique HITRUST Approach provides the most robust assessment, assurance, and reporting options to satisfy internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Ready to get started? Your first step is identifying your security and privacy controls with the help of the HITRUST CSF Framework. Eligible organizations can download the HITRUST CSF at no cost and begin exploring.
To purchase a HITRUST Assessment report, click here.
Download the HITRUST CSF
The HITRUST Approach is built upon the comprehensive and scalable HITRUST CSF framework, which helps organizations of all sizes implement and enhance information risk management and compliance programs. To get started streamlining your information protection efforts, you’re invited to DOWNLOAD THE HITRUST CSF AT NO CHARGE!